ACT Program Offers Pet Therapy to Clients
This month, clients from our Adult Counseling and Therapy (ACT) Program enjoyed pet therapy. Thank you to our special guests, FURever As Friends, for coming to Washington Township! Archway staff and clients are already counting down the days until the next visit.
Pet Therapy features many benefits for our ACT clients including but not limited to:
· Reduce anxiety, stress, and depression
· Develop social skills and verbal communication
· Build self-esteem and confidence
· Willingness to join in on a group setting
· Enhance physical movement
· Decrease loneliness and isolation
Here's a short video clip and some memories from the event.